After 14 years in a house we’ve lovingly called home, it’s time to go now.
With moving boxes lined everywhere around the house, it’s pretty hectic, crazy and man, it can be stressful. I’m also meeting with a real estate agent next week to look at purchasing student rentals in a different city; this is also an exciting time.
But whenever you push yourself out of your comfort zone and feel you’ve taken on more than you can handle, the stress levels of uncertainty can pile up pretty quickly.
Here are 9 tips that help me. I’ve taken these ideas from one of my mentors (although he doesn’t know he is), Jack Canfield, and incorporated my own insights. Before engaging in these actions first take a deep breath, relax then move forward. It works:
- Eat healthy and exercise (you don’t have to change all your eating habits at once. Just moderately cut down on things and if you don’t have a gym near your home, run up and down the stairs or jog. If you think about it, there’s no excuse to being overweight when walking is free).
- Meditate (Google how to do it and find a way that suits you)
- Self-care (you need to take care of yourself first before you can help others)
- Clean up your messes and incomplete work (this is so important in order for you to move yourself forward)
- Delegate (if you can, great! But not everyone has this option if you’re a one person army in your business. If this is the case then pace yourself, itemize what must be done first and don’t make it more than 6 things at a time. This way the undertaking won’t feel so enormous
- Have clearly defined goals (you know exactly what this means)
- Use affirmations in your life (listen to soothing music when you go to bed or hypnosis to help re-train your brain)
- Focus on the positive in every situation (it’s easy to dwell on the negative, it takes a mind shift to turn that around and it’s really not hard to do)
- Be grateful (possibly the most important element to attracting good things in your life)
To reduce your stress and transform your life to exactly where you want it to be then Jack Canfield’s upcoming free webinar called the 7 Pillars of True Life Transformation is a must-attend. Check it out here.