We all have them but they serve us in both good and evil ways. The good news is you can literally change a habit in an instant, my thing was to wake up two hours earlier than I normally did, it takes discipline but it’s worth it and allows you to create a ‘things to do list’ and then execute. Here’s a tip, only put 6 of the most important tasks you need done, it helps you come out with a victory at the end of each day.
Changing your habits in an instant is a mantra Tony Robbins preached when I was a client services director in his organization many moons ago. He preaches this in his seminars today. It’s not easy but it isn’t hard either, just depends on what your goals are and how motivated you are to achieve them. If you want it you can do it, you just have to decide.
Business Insider magazine published habits of self-made millionaires. There’s a common theme shared by successful people so take note, here they are:
1. They read consistently.
2. They exercise.
3. They hang out with other successful people.
4. They pursue their own goals.
5. They get up early.
6. They have multiple sources of income.
7. They find and check in with mentors.
8. They’re positive.
9. They don’t follow the herd.
10. They have good etiquette (ie. sending thank you cards, dressing appropriately for functions, having table manners)
12. They dedicate 15-30 minutes a day for just thinking.
13. They seek feedback.
Depending on which survey you read, there are different bullet points on the habits of successful people. But in the end it all comes down to you. What habit(s) do you need to change in an instant?